Respecting your Privacy
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The types of information that we collect and hold about you could include:
- other contact details such as social media handles;
- your location or activity including IP address, and whether you’ve accessed third party sites; and
- other information that may be relevant for the purpose of verifying your identity.
When the law authorises or requires us to collect information
We may collect information about you because we are required or authorised by law to collect it. There are laws that require us to collect personal information. For example, we require personal information to verify your identity under Australian Anti-Money Laundering law.
How we collect and hold your information
We may collect your Personal Information if you use the Site, open an Account to use the Platform or perform any
Transactions on the Platform, or from promotions that we run where users opt in to participate. We may also collect
Personal Information about you from recordings of telephone conversations between us and you (or your representatives)
and from publicly available registers.
We take all reasonable steps (including the employment of appropriate security systems and procedures) to ensure all data held by us is safe and secure. Such security measures include physical protection and electronic encryption to prevent any unauthorised access.
What happens if you don’t provide your information to us?
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to:
- provide you with the product or service you want,
- manage or administer your product or service; or
- verify your identity or protect against fraud.
How we use collected information
Digital Surge may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To process payments – We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails – We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time a User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or User may contact us via our Site.
- To fulfil compliance requirements – We may use the information Users provide in order to ensure that regulated companies which work with us are able to fulfil their obligations under legislation relating to money laundering, terrorist financing, and other forms of financial compliance. We only share this information with outside parties to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you) which include domestic and international services;
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Keeping your information safe
Security is serious. We’re committed to protecting your info. Our security measures include:
- Firewalls and access logging tools that protect against unauthorised access to your data and our network
- Secure work environments and workflow systems that prevent unauthorised access and copying of your personal information
- Secure server and closed network environments
- Encryption of data in transit
- Virus scanning tools
- Management of access privileges, to ensure that only those who really need it can see your personal information
- Ongoing training and security reviews
These measures are robust, but security risks do change. We will remain vigilant in our efforts to protect your personal information.
How you can access or update your personal information
You have the right to access or update the personal information we hold on you. Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to allow us to identify the information, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that we agree is inaccurate, irrelevant, out of date or incomplete. Some of your personal information can be updated on our platform when logged into your account. In some cases historical information will need to be kept to ensure security and integrity of the platform.
Privacy complaints process
If you wish to make a complaint about the way in which we handle your personal information, please contact our
Privacy Officer using the contact details set out below. We undertake to acknowledge and investigate any complaint
promptly and will respond to written complaints within a reasonable time from the date of receipt. If you are not
satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian
Privacy Commissioner on Tel: 1300 363 992 or email: email@example.com.
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.